Right now I am babysitting the children of a nice couple while they watch a comedian that's in town. The kids are in bed, so I thought I'd spend now by updating my blog.
After the New Years Eve youth dance that I partied on at the beginning of the year, I carpooled home with other teenagers. My friend Elaina's dad drove us all home. I was the last one to be dropped off, and once all of those other brainless, self-centered teenagers were dispatched of, I was able to be myself. I took no hesitation in spewing off a line of witty and flat out hilarious jokes, all made up by me on the spot.
Later, Elaina's older sister's friend told me that Elaina's dad said that I said some pretty funny things that night.
Of course I'm clever and all, but I acknowledge that the fact that these jokes were told at 2:00 in the morning were made even funnier by the fact that it was, well, 2:00 in the morning. We were all wired! Material that is smile-inducing at a decent hour is converted into upright hysterical-ism after sleep deprivation.
I would indulge you and reveal my great jokes, but I can't recall a word that I said. Everything that happened after 12:00 is a blur.
Someone should start a comedy show that is at 2:00 AM. That way, everything said will be downright hilarious. A uncultured fool with no sense of humor could get away with saying nonsense. Better yet, no one would be able to remember any of the jokes, except that it was funny. That way, the comedian could tell the same ones for every show!
Gotta go. This house is so gaudily decorated! It's about time it got a makeover. And who better to do it than me? I even brought a gallon of wall paint!
EDITORS NOTE: The incident were I carpooled home after a dance actually did happen and I want to assure you that none of the teenagers involved were actually brainless and self-centered. And the couple I babysat for have a cute, well coordinated house which requires no alteration. I'm just staying in character here!
No comments:
Post a Comment