Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Shall we dance?

My church often holds dances for the teenagers. I have recently graced such an event with my presence. 

The dances have a rule that dancing couples should not dance too close to each other. Whenever I saw a boy and girl get a bit too comfortable, I made it my duty to thoroughly chew them out. I'm so good that way! 

I found it quite appalling that the music selection subsisted entirely of pop songs. If I were the DJ, the dances would be Michael Crawford/old musicals/new musicals/the Beatles/classical music MARATHONS! WHOOH!! What's the deal with pop music? What's that one song that goes "Hey! I just met you! And this is crazy! Here's my number!" ????? Why does the girl singing it want some random guy to call her "Maybe?" Is that her name?

It's so inconsiderate to play such music. Don't they know that there are homeschoolers in the midst who have never heard any of the popular songs? Sure, it's great for those people who have them all memorized, but what about me?! Why didn't the people running the dance ask for my music advice?

No comments:

Post a Comment