"I call dibs on that one!"
"Oh, no, you don't! You can't have any of them because I licked every single one of them!"
The person who said that last phrase (let's keep this anonymous, ok?) wasn't paying attention to the conversation up to the point where the other people started to call dibs on some unidentified pronoun. So this person (someone you don't know. At least, not on a personal basis) decided to crack a joke and quite cutely said, as you read, "Oh, no, you don't! You can't have any of them because I licked every single one of them!"
Well, what pronoun were the other people calling dibs on? The other teenage girls were concocting to each ask one of the guys in the nearby group to dance the next slow song with them. That's right, this incident happened at a youth dance!
I don't know why that person who blundered and made the comment of licking "every single one of them" just automatically assumed they were all talking about food. On second thought, I do know. Food's a topic of much greater importance than teenage boys!
I feel so much better about this, having cleared my name! I mean, cleared this other person's name...
Maybe I should have figured they were talking about boys when her exact wording was "I call dibs on the one in the green shirt"....
No comments:
Post a Comment