Monday, November 5, 2012

Interacting with my inferiors


One would think that my fellow drama students would be intimidated by me. I'm certain that they are, everyone is of their superiors. I mean, after I DOMINATE THE WORLD, I will have the authority to ruin their lives! Once I'm in charge, foolish claims such as “Gerald Butler is a better phantom than Michael Crawford” will be considered as blasphemy and no one will have the audacity to spread such lies.

Anyway, despite having this knowledge, the students and I laugh together, act together, and taunt the demeanor of the football players together.

They even refer to me as “the future dictator!” It was my idea. I thought that it would be most beneficial to my cause, and they agreed.

Today, Collete, Suzanna, and Kirsten, my most devoted followers, were talking about boys. They had height, eye color, hair color, profession, shoe size, blood type, size of Adam's apple, eyelash length, classification of fingerprint, and other detailed requirements for their future husbands. Dreamily they discussed their current crushes and how attractive they found zombie slayers.

I listened and said nothing. My silence is uncustomary, for I always have something dazzlingly witty to say. Collete eventually turned to me and asked what sort of guys I like.

“I don't like any boys.”

“Right. You're supposed to like boys! It's your job!”

“There is not a single boy on the face of the planet worthy of my slightest attention. Except Harry Potter, but he's not single. And Frodo lives in the Middle Earth. Not to mention he's of another species.”

“What do you mean?” Suzanna asked. “Oh yeah, that's right. You're going to DOMINATE THE WORLD, so no man's worthy of you.” (To them, any boy older than 14 is a “man.”)

How understanding they all are! It's so hard to be perfect. So lonely to be superior. No one appreciates what a burden it is to be me!

No comments:

Post a Comment